Training and Development Specialist
Are you someone who looks forward to a challenge? Want to be a valued member of a productive team? Likes to work with people? We are looking for a self-starter, motivated Human Resources team member with education or experience in Training and Development to join our HR team that is expanding our capabilities to support the growth of our company. This is a full-time position, but for the right individual a 32-hour part-time position would be considered.
The Training and Development Specialist is responsible for designing, creating, and delivering learning programs to Morrison-Maierle employee-owners. You will challenge learners’ understanding through meaningful activities, author measurable learning objectives, design and develop learning resources, and work closely with multiple areas of the organization to scale a best-in-class learning experience. You are passionate about learning and always thinking of new ways to improve people’s skills and competencies; seeing people, and the organization, grow because of your efforts is what inspires you each day.
Training and Development Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creation, coordination, execution, and delivery of training programs and learning paths utilizing a variety of delivery channels and methods.
- Partner with subject matter experts to provide learning solutions.
- Maintain and manage the company’s Learning Management System (LMS) which includes creating and uploading content, organizing learning paths, assigning/tracking training for employees, maintaining records of training activities, and generating reports.
- Use blended learning solutions to provide an engaging approach to learning, knowledge retention and application.
- Coordinate with administrative professionals to provide logistical support for training events including scheduling, planning, and operation of training events.
- Assess training effectiveness regularly through observation and surveys.
- Identify areas of improvement for the overall learning experience.
- Create, maintain, and promote a schedule of learning activities.
- Collaborate closely with the HR team to develop, implement, and support company-wide People Strategic Initiatives.
- Facilitate performance review process, providing guidance, tools and training for managers and employees.
- Assist with recruitment including recruitment outreach/career events, interview and screening process.
- Assist with other HR duties, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to research, design, and implement effective training and development programs.
- Strong presentation skills necessary to facilitate and deliver training.
- Effective and professional visual, written, and verbal communicator.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Microsoft office applications required (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook), other software skills a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Training and Development, Business Administration or related field required.
2+ years professional experience
This position will require periodic travel. Must have a valid driver license and insurable driving record.
Location: Any Morrison-Maierle location
Salary: $50,000 - $70,000 depending on experience and location
- Opportunity to work a hybrid remote work schedule, if desired after initial onboarding
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid Personal & Holiday Leave
- 401K matching contribution
Morrison-Maierle is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online at www.m-m.net.