HOT PLANT SUPERVISOR $80K - $120K DOE
A 2 Z Staffing Solutions
If you are someone who doesn’t like to be in the office year around and likes to travel, this is the career for you! With this career you will be supervising asphalt plants in Montana, North Dakota and Wyoming.
As an Asphalt Plant Supervisor, a wide variety of duties will be assigned including but not limited to supervising plant operators, preventative maintenance, logistics and plant mobilizations, and oversight of plant equipment financials.
- Maintain and promote a safe and clean work environment and culture
- Supervise plant operators and technicians
- Supervise financial aspects of plant operations
- Assist with preventative maintenance of plants
- Coordinate efficient mobilization of hot plants
- Submit daily report
- Continually seek efficient ways to improve plant performance
- Provide professional/technical advice to mechanics and operators concerning issues with equipment operations and maintenance
- Provide professional/technical advice to the Materials Operation Manager on new and innovative ideas concerning plant and equipment technology.
- Complete regular equipment inspections
- Tune and configure equipment for optimal utilization and efficiency
- Participate in department meetings
- Computing skills to include but not limited to word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, research, and email within a network environment
- Check email and voicemail on a regular basis and respond accordingly
- Seek out and participate in appropriate training and conferences
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Knowledge of plant operation, maintenance and electrical systems required
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalent preferred.
- Commercial driver’s license helpful.
- Must maintain a positive attitude.
- Display an uncompromising focus on safety by properly following company policies and MSHA/DOT/DEQ regulations for safe working procedures and protection of the environment.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Be willing to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Ability to do basic math.
- Must require minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards.
- At least 20/40 acuity (Snellen) in each eye with or without correction. At least 70 degrees peripheral in horizontal meridian measured in each eye.
- Must be able to perform with or without accommodations.
- Must be available to travel in Montana, North Dakota and Wyoming.
Work Demands & Environment:
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, and as needed, safety-toed boots, respirator, protective clothing, gloves and other protective equipment.
- Employee will be required to work in outdoor environments which may include exposure to extreme temperatures and weather.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, stand, sit, shovel, sweep, rake, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms, possibly for extended periods.
- Company promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing, post-accident testing, and on-going random drug testing.
Salary: $80K - $120K DOE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
Work Location: Lewistown, MT / On the road