Psychotherapist School Based Services
Do you want to help protect the joy of childhood and incite change? Are you looking for a career that will give you a strong sense of purpose and is also meaningful and rewarding? Do you want to make a difference in a child and family’s life? Then we want to meet you.
Intermountain, a visionary non-profit that has been impacting the lives of children and families in Montana for over 100 years, we are seeking a Comprehensive School Community Treatment Therapist.
Comprehensive School Community Treatment (CSCT) is a School Based Service that provides therapeutic support for children and families in a manner that promotes success in school, the family and community. Services are provided by a master’s level therapist and a specially-trained mental health specialist during the school day as well as the child’s home, if needed. Therapeutic activities are also provided on non-school days during school breaks and throughout the summer vacation.
We work with the family to determine the best treatment plan to meet the child’s needs. CSCT is funded through Medicaid, private insurance and private pay. School Based Services is provided through our partnership with the local school districts and is part of Intermountain’s Array of Services designed to meet the needs of children and families dealing with a range of mental health issues.
Ages served: 5-18 year old students
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Services: individual, group and family psychotherapy, individualized treatment planning, emotional and behavioral support, crisis intervention, and non-school days activities.
Some of the challenges our clients may have are:
• Intractable anger
• Adoption issues
• Attachment and relationship issues
• ADD, ADHD
• Impulsivity, including lying and stealing
• Oppositionality and/or defiance
• Aggression towards self and others
• School problems
• Loss and grief issues
• Poor social skills, and social development
• High functioning Autistic Spectrum Disorder
• Peer relationships
- The Comprehensive School Community Treatment (CSCT) Therapist performs and provides direction for a variety of administrative, supervisory and clinical services for Intermountain’s CSCT programs within a public school setting.
- They provide clinical oversite to the CSCT Mental Health Specialist. The CSCT therapist also provides clinical leadership to the CSCT team and public school teachers and administrators that assures the integrity, integration and clinical soundness of treatment.
- They are responsible to develop and sustain a healthy team culture.
Skills and abilities for this position are generally acquired through a 60 credit Master’s degree from an accredited University in professional counseling, a Master’s in Social Work with focus on clinical social work, or psychological counseling. Applicants must be licensed or a licensure candidate licensed by the State of Montana’s Board of Behavioral Health as an LCPC or LCSW.
Applicants must have two (2) year’s experience with children before or following completion of Master’s degree Training and/or experience in attachment-based therapeutic approaches and trauma informed care. Must possess or maintain a valid Montana driver’s license.
Position is full-time. Salary commensurate with experience. . Sign on bonus of $2000 and relocation expenses negotiable. Intermountain qualifies as a federal loan repayment site. Intermountain offers excellent benefits, including health insurance, pension, generous personal leave, and holidays.