Food Service Assistant
Do you want to help protect the joy of childhood and incite change? Are you looking for a career that will give you a strong sense of purpose and is also meaningful and rewarding? Do you want to make a difference in a child and family’s life? Then we want to meet you.
Intermountain, a visionary non-profit that has been impacting the lives of children and families in Montana for over 100 years, we are seeking an Food Service Assistant for our Residential Program in Helena, MT.
The Food Service Assistant aids in administering a high quality dietary program for the children of Intermountain by assisting with all kitchen activities, including meal preparation, service, and clean up.
The Food Service Assistant is expected to participate as a self-directed member of the Facility Management Team, seeking responsibility to fulfill the agency’s mission while holding others accountable to do the same.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Thorough knowledge of basic nutrition and meal preparation for large groups.
- Working knowledge of safe food handling, dietary standards, accreditation standards, and federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Ability to use basic computer programs.
- Basic understanding of emotionally disturbed children and need for patience, empathy, and the importance of building relationships.
- Understanding the need for confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to integrate and communicate effectively with a variety of staff in many different roles and community professionals (donors, contracted individuals, service providers).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to assure timely communication.
- Working knowledge of how to use, clean, and maintain commercial kitchen equipment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS:
The above knowledge, skills and abilities are typically required through a high school diploma or GED and one year experience in a food service setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Position is full-time, salary commensurate with experience.