Helena Chamber Workforce Director
The Helena Area Chamber of Commerce is looking for an innovative, organized, driven, forward thinker with a great personality who loves the Helena Region and is ready to tackle workforce development with area employers and community partners. The position manages the Helena WINS Program under the direction of the Helena Area Chamber of Commerce President/CEO. The Workforce Director will manage and support the Helena WINS Leadership Council, comprised of employers who fund the program; and the Helena WINS Steering Committee, which is the network of Helena WINS partners comprised of businesses, education (K-12 and higher ed), nonprofits, and city, county, and state agencies.
About the Position
- Part-time, approximately 25 hours per week. Hours can be flexible, with the possibility of some hours worked remote or work from home.
- Occasional evening and/or weekends required.
- Occasional travel, in-state and out-of-state.
- $25.00 per hour, with limited benefits (401k participation, paid time off, free parking at the Chamber, phone allowance).
- Full position description is available at helenachamber.com or call 406-442-4120 to request.
- Submit cover letter, application, and resume to Cathy Burwell, President/CEO, Helena Area Chamber of Commerce, 225 Cruse Avenue, Suite A, Helena MT 59601. Electronic applications will be accepted, please send to email@example.com
- Position is open until filled.
About Helena WINS
Helena WINS (Workforce Innovation NetworkS) began in 2018 as a volunteer community effort coordinated and created by the Helena Chamber. The goal of Helena WINS is to build a robust talent pipeline for the Helena area that is responsive to employers’ current and emerging workforce needs. Currently, Helena WINS has four industry sector groups (Manufacturing, Construction, Healthcare, and Information Technology) and connects Helena WINS partners on cross-sector strategies. In addition, Helena WINS and Billings Works are partners in the Montana Youth Apprenticeship Partnership, a grant-funded initiative to establish youth apprenticeships in IT and healthcare in Helena and Billings, and to develop a plan to expand youth apprenticeships to additional industry sectors and Montana communities. Helena workforce attraction is also a strong focus.
With the support and involvement of Chamber leadership, Helena WINS co-chairs, and employer champions:
- Execute the development and implementation of the Helena WINS strategic plan, with input from the Leadership Council and the Steering Committee.
- Work with the Chamber marketing director to ensure Helena WINS activities and events are promoted in the community.
- Participate in various workforce development workgroups within Helena WINS, and represent the Chamber in community discussions on workforce needs and strategies.
- Develop and implement plans for ongoing financial sustainability of Helena WINS, including stewardship of Helena WINS supporters, grant writing, and additional fund development strategies.
- Effectively apply for and manage grants including meeting reporting deadlines and ensuring funded deliverables are met.
- A minimum of a two-year or four-year degree in business or related field is preferred;
- Successful experience in workforce development, human resources, public relations or communications, and project management, or a related field; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team at the Chamber, and with community partners and the public
- Ability to execute plans and strategies, and measure progress and impact of Helena WINS;
- Combination of relevant experience and education providing the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license